Best Gas Grills for 2018.
Outdoor Patio Grilling
There is something about grilling meat and even vegetables, over an open flame, in your backyard that seems to connect us to our very nature and the way our ancestors used to live and survive for generations.
Since prehistoric times man has known that heating meat and vegetables over an open flame, adding whatever type of spices suit your taste buds, brings out more flavor to whatever you are cooking.
History aside barbecuing outdoors on your back patio is a great reason to have fun with your family or even invite friends over and make it a party.
A get together with your family and friends offers everyone involved a reason to kick back and enjoy a great meal, relieve stress, talk about their day enjoy sports on television and generally have a good time.
Another benefit of cooking on the back patio with your grill is the less clean up of pots and pans in the kitchen.
Another reason, especially during the hotter months, is less heating up of the inside of your home from using the oven or stove to cook your food. This leads to lower electric bills for you in the hotter months of the year.
A Simple Buying Guide For Gas Grills
Maybe it is time to send that old gas grill of yours to the scrap yard. You have had it for several years and it is starting to get rusty and not so easy for you to start.
The good news is that there are plenty of new gas grills on the market that will take care of your grilling needs and here are some tips on what to look for in a good quality gas grill.
Today gas grills have many different features for you to choose from. Beginning with the new stainless steel models to the use of infrared for cooking to the size and amount of burners that work best for you. It can seem a little overwhelming for you at times.
Let’s take these features one by one.
Size is one of the most important considerations you should take into account when you buy a new gas barbecue grill. Is the surface area large enough to accommodate a lot of food?
How often do you grill and how much food do you plan on grilling at one time? Are side burners a consideration?
How big is your family? And or how many friends and neighbors will be joining you?
A larger grill, like a 4 burner, works great for a large family and entertaining. It is easier to use fewer burners when you are cooking less than for you to try to squeeze a lot of food on a 2 or 3 burner grill.
Whether you decide to assemble it yourself or buy it pre-assembled a well-made grill will last a long time.
Some Things to check are:
– Are the wheels well-made and do they roll easily?
– Is the lid thick enough to hold heat in and is it easy enough open and close without any resistance? Plus can you touch the handles without them being too hot?
Mobility versus a permanent barbecue grill.
The next thing to consider when buying a gas grill is whether you want a portable one that you can move from one area to another or one that is permanently built into your backyard with all the extra amenities.
Most grills sold are of the portable variety because they are so versatile for you to use in different situations. A portable barbecue is defined as one that is small and sits on a table or has two or four wheels and can be used anywhere in the backyard.
Depending on the size, usually one with not more than 2 burners, a gas grill can be taken camping, to the beach, to the park or to a neighbors house for you to enjoy grilled foods outdoors anytime.
Permanent barbecue grills can be as simple or elaborate as you want them to be. The one constant being that once you set in into place it becomes part of your backyard. And it also raises your property value.
With permanent barbecue grill, at the very least, you have a gas grill, usually with 4 burners, encased in brick or block.
From there you can add on anything you can imagine.
– Meat smoker
– A refrigerator and or a freezer
– A single or double sink
– Storage cabinets
– Propane heater
The design and amenities are only limited by your budget and imagination.
Either a portable gas grill or a built-in one can be hooked up to use a propane bottle or have a permanent natural gas line ran to it.
Warranties are a prominent consideration because, let’s face it, parts sometimes do not live up to the standards they should. Warranty parts to consider are the-
– Exterior housing which are made of cast iron.
– Cooking grids, which are also known as cooking grates are the square or rectangular the meat rests on and are made out of chrome steel, porcelain enamel steel, porcelain enameled cast iron and stainless steel.
– Burners are the actual discs that the flame comes out of. They also can be made of porcelain coated cast iron or stainless steel.
– Valves are the source of gas for the burner. When you turn the knob for a certain burner it allows gas to flow to that burner.
– Flame tamers are the metal disks that sit above the flame and deflect the flame from the object being grilled. They are also made out of porcelain enamel steel or stainless steel. These are usually used on side burners of larger grills.
As a side note, while usually more expensive, stainless steel parts are harder and longer lasting than enameled cast iron or porcelain enameled steel.
Portable Gas Grills
Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s style stainless steel table-top grill
– This Cuisinart grills has 2 stainless steel burners which put out 20,000 BTUs of heat. Comes with built-in reliable thermostat.
– This gas barbecue grill will work with any size propane bottle but works best with a 20 lbs.
– The stainless steel grates are roughly 18″ x 12″ and can hold enough food to feed four people.
– Burners light up as you twist the knob and the temperature will get up to 600 degrees for fast grilling.
– Top lid locks down and the four legs fold in for easy transportation.
If you like grilling at the park or at the beach or at the ball game the table-top Cuisinart CGG-306 stainless steel design and portability will give you a grill that is durable and dependable.
– For some reason the link to the Cuisinart CGG-306 would not come up. The link below is to the Cuisinart CGG-180T which is a little bit smaller portable grill and yet still a nice one.
Coleman Road Trip LXX Grill
– This grill also delivers 20,000 BTUs of heat over a surface area of 285 square inches. Comes with built-in reliable thermostat.
– The grill surface is made out of a durable porcelain coating that heats up fast and is easy to clean.
– Also starts with a turn of the knob without having to use a lighter or matches. It will reach 600 degrees within minutes which is great for heating the grill up fast, searing your meats and also cleaning the grill surface after you are done cooking.
– Comes with two brushed steel table inserts on each side to hold pots, pans or plates.
– Legs collapse easily and fold flat for easy transportation. When it is folded flat one side of the legs becomes a handle and will easily fit inside of a trunk.
– Add on accessories (sold separately) include mix and match grill, griddle and stove grates.
The Coleman road trip LXX grill is a great choice for a portable grill.
– This grills body and lid are made out of lightweight cast aluminum.
– It comes fully assembled out of the box.
– The stainless steel burner will produce 8500 BTUs of heat per hour.
– The porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates give you a total of 189 square inches of cooking area.
– Also comes with an easy start electronic ignition.
– It has a 4.7 out of 5 star rating on Amazon.
– Comes with a drip tray on the bottom to catch grease.
The Weber Q1200 is a small portable grill that will work perfectly on an apartment balcony.
2 Burner Gas Grills
Char broil Performance TRU infrared 300
– In infrared grilling there is an infrared element between the cooking grates and the actual flame. This causes a large amount of heat to evenly radiate to the food. This works great for searing meat, provide a more uniform heat and cut down on flare-ups.
– The porcelain coated grates give you 300 square inches of cooking area.
– The lid contains a 120 square inch porcelain coated swinging rack that is used to keep your food warm.
– Also has an electronic ignition system to light your burners.
– Side tables fold down for easy storage.
– Convenient storage drawer below grill to keep your propane tank and barbecue tools in.
– 4.3 stars out of 5 on Amazon.
Dyna-Glo Black and Stainless 2 Burner Premium Grill
– This premium grill will give you 30,000 BTUs of heat starting with a push of the electronic ignition.
– The 2 cooking grates are enameled cast iron.
– The burners are stainless steel and it comes with 2 enameled heat tents.
– Has a total of 547 square inches of cooking space.
– Also contains a cabinet for your storage bottle and tools.
– Comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
Weber Spirit II E-210 Gas Grill
– One of the most amazing thing about this grill is that it contains the I Grill 3 temperature sensing system. What you do is plug a sensor into whatever you are cooking and, through a WiFi signal delivered to your phone or tablet, it will tell you the temperature.
– This barbecue grill has 450 square inches of cooking space.
– The 2 grates are made out of porcelain enameled cast iron.
– The 2 burners are stainless steel and produce 26,500 BTUs per hour.
– Also contains a porcelain enamel flavorizer bar which helps to redirect drippings away from the burner tubes. This helps cut down on flare-ups.
– Another feature you will love is Weber’s grease management system where all the drippings and grease are directed into a bottom drip pan for easy removal.
– The cart contains 6 hooks for all of your barbecue tools.
– Has a 4.1 out of 5 rating on Amazon.
– Comes with the Weber 10 year, 100% guarantee.
3 Burner Gas Grills
Char-Broil Classic 360 3 Burner Gas Grill
– This outdoor barbecue model is your basic inexpensive 3 burner gas grill that still gets 4.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
– The porcelain coated grates provide 360 square inches of cooking area and it also comes with a 170 square inch warming rack that is also porcelain coated and that tilts up when you raise the lid.
– The 3 burners are made out of stainless steel for your longer lasting cooking performance.
– The lid and firebox are made out of porcelain coated steel which is fantastic for standing up to harsh weather conditions.
– Lastly it comes with 2 metal side shelves which are 12 inches W x 13 inches L.
Thermos 370 3-Burner Gas Grill with Side Burner
– A step up from the Char-broil 360 the Thermos 370 offers a 3-burner 36,000 BTUs of heat on the main burners and also a side burner, that has a lid, that will give you 12,000 BTUs of heat to cook your side dishes.
– The main cooking area and the side burner are porcelain coated and measure 370 square inches. The swing away warming rack measures 175 square inches.
– The lid and firebox are also porcelain coated.
– This barbecue has a piezo ignition system for fast starting.
– Has an ample metal side shelf for your convenience.
Weber Spirit E-310
– Weber offers top of the line gas barbecue grills and here is an example of another good quality model.
– This grill is an Amazon’s choice product and has a 4.5 out of 5 star rating.
– The 3 burners are made out of stainless steel and put out 32,000 BTUs per hour.
– The porcelain enamel cast-iron cooking grates give you 424 square inches of cooking while the warming grates cover 105 square inches.
– Also comes with porcelain enamel flavorizer bars.
– Just a push of a button starts your Electronic Crossover ignition system.
– Open bottom door for access to your propane tank, bottom drip pan and all of your barbecue tools.
– If your looking for a barbecue grill that is attractive, well constructed, starts easily and consistently and reaches its maximum temperature in less than 15 minutes than the Weber Spirit E-310 is the barbecue you should choose.
Blackstone 36″ Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill/Griddle Cooking Station
– This is a restaurant grade, professional quality grill/griddle capable of cooking your breakfast, lunch or dinner.
– While this grill has a flat surface, like a griddle, instead of grates like a conventional grills it does the same as they do and so much more.
– The Blackstone Grill has a powder coated black steel frame, stainless steel burners and a very thick cold rolled steel cook top.
– Each of the 4 burner control 15,000 BTUs of heat to each quarter of the cooking area and combine to provide 60,000 BTUs of heat on its maximum setting.
– Standard 20 lb propane tanks conveniently latch onto left side of grill in a sturdy holder for storage.
– Come with 2 side shelves and a bottom shelf for all of your storage needs. Plus it has 2 lockable wheels for stability.
– It also comes with a battery powered electronic ignition system.
– According to Amazon’s Choice this is a highly rated, well priced product with a 4.4 out of 5 star rating.
– While this grill might not look like your standard outdoor barbecue grill it can do so much more. It can cook anything from eggs, bacon and pancakes for breakfast to a quesadilla or grilled ham and cheese for lunch to steak, potatoes and grilled vegetables for dinner.
The Blackstone 36″ Outdoor Flat Top Grill/Griddle Station just might be the outdoor grill for you.
Char Broil Signature Tru Infrared 525 4-Burner Grill with Side Burner
– Another great grill from Char-broil that cooks your food faster and more evenly than a gas or charcoal grill due to the Tru Infrared cooking system.
– The Tru Infrared system that uses a stainless steel plate to capture heat and distribute it more easily than other designs.
– Any drippings become vaporized instead of flaring up.
– Porcelain coated cast iron grates give you 525 square inches of cooking area and 52,000 BTUs of heat.
– The side burner is 125 square inches of space and 13,000 BTUs of heat.
– While the porcelain coated warming racks offer 200 square inches to keep your food warm.
– The 4 tube burners are made of 440 stainless steel for lasting performance.
– You are sure to get a spark every time at each burner with the Surefire electronic ignition system.
– The bottom shelf will hold your propane bottle and barbecue tools.
Weber Genesis II E-410
– The Weber line of Genesis II gas barbecue grills, while more expensive than other grills, offer many unique features that help make grilling easier.
– One of these being the GS4 high performance grilling system which includes 4 stainless steel burners.
– Another are the porcelain enameled Flavorizer bars.
– Also included is the Grease Management System which reduces flare-ups and also makes for easy grease cleanup.
– If you are interested in taking the guesswork out of grilling your food than you will love the I Grill 3 ready system.
– This is an app connected thermometer that allows you to check the temperature of up to 4 cuts of meat and delivers the information to any WiFi connected device.
– It also includes the Infinity Ignition System which starts your barbecue each and every time.
– There is 646 square inches of cooking space on the porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates and 198 square inches on the warming rack.
– Side mount propane bottle holder with a gauge to show you how much propane you have left and a bottom shelf for all of your barbecue tools.
– Has a 4.2 out of 5 star rating and comes with a 10 year, 100 % Weber guarantee.
If you are looking for a gas barbecue grill with all the unique features to make your cooking easier and faster I believe the Weber Genesis II E-410 is the outdoor barbecue grill to meet your needs.
There you go for a list of gas barbecue grills in various sizes you can choose from for 2018. If you would like to see the ones I like in the different categories then please read below.
Portable Gas Grills
– I like the Coleman Road trip LXX Grill because it has about 70 more square inches of cooking area than the other two. The folding side tables are a great advantage when cooking outdoors and the fact that it has collapsible legs is another advantage for taking to the park or camping use.
2 burner Gas Grills
– On this one my vote goes for the Weber Spirit II E-210.
– Weber’s I Grill 3 ready system takes the guess out of when your food is cooked enough and the hassle of having to stop what you are doing every few minutes to check it.
– The 10 year, 100% Weber guarantee of its Genesis products is an outstanding warranty.
3 Burner Gas Grills
– My choice for the 3 burner would be the Thermos 370 Gas Grill with side burner.
– This grill offers more BTUs per hour than the other 2 plus it comes with a side burner for extra cooking.
– The Weber is a very nice grill but I think for your money the Thermos 370 is a better buy.
4 Burner Gas Grills
– Although I think the Blackstone flat top grill/griddle is a unique idea which will gain some ground my vote goes to the Weber Genesis II E-410.
– They offer all the features a person needs to make grilling easier and faster.
– They are well-made with top quality components and their 10 year, 100% guarantee can not be beat.
Outdoor grilling is a favorite pastime worldwide when it is nice outside. It brings together great food with friends and family.
A good quality gas barbecue grill will save you time and frustration that you could be spending doing other things.
If you are in the market for a barbecue grill I hope this review “Best Gas Grill for 2018” has helped you. Here is a You Tube video that will help you with your decision.